Easy Meals – Gazpacho
This is one of my favorite summer and spring dishes! I actually crave it and love that it is pretty easy to make. I’ve been meaning to share this post for awhile, but I keep forgetting to take a picture before I’ve chopped up the ingredients.
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 onion, minced (I use 1/2 a sweet, yellow onion)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, wedged
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (I prefer to use a substitute of oregano, rosemary and basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chill the tomato juice (I stick it in the fridge when I buy it).
- Dice the onions and garlic and juice the lemon (or use bottled lemon juice). For the rest of the veggies I just cut them into big ol’ chunks and let the blender break them down more.
- Next, put the veggies in the blender with the toughest ones on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the garlic, sugar, herbs and spices on top.
- Add the lemon juice and red wine vinegar and then the tomato juice (just fill it to the top of your blender).
- Blend all the ingredients using the pulse mode until it is as chunky as you prefer it. It doesn’t take long and The Helpful Hubby and I prefer it a little chunkier.
I like my gazpacho extra tomato-y, so I end up using the entire can of tomato juice. Since it doesn’t all fit into the blender I pour a little in the first couple bowls I serve and then (once there is some empty space) I pour the rest of the can in the blender pitcher.
I always serve this with a little bread. Obviously, the bread in the picture below would be for the whole table. I usually cut it into easy to grab slices. Another easy thing about this recipe is that when I’m done with dinner I can just stick the blender pitcher in the fridge without having to get another container dirty.
You might also be interested in some of these other, Easy Meals! What are some of your favorite, easy meals?