Fibro Feelings – Back to Normal

What is Fibro Feelings?

Last week I was happy to score two plants that I’d been wanting to get at my local nursery’s end of the season sale. I got both flower plants 50% off and put one in the front yard and one in the back. I’m so glad that all of those harder house projects we were working on this summer are finished. Now I can focus on more of the smaller and more enjoyable tasks. Soon it’ll be time to go get pumpkins!

We had house guests staying with us for a week, so I’m still recovering a bit from that. I’m feeling pretty good physically though, just tired and fatigued. With the seasons starting to change I’m experiencing more headaches, so I can’t wait for the weather to stabilize! Despite those things I managed to meet up with some of my friends for dinner last night. It was the first time I’d seen them in 2 months, so it was great to catch up. Of course they wanted to hear how the treacherous elimination diet had gone.

For years I’ve been wearing bi-weekly contacts, but I’m making the switch to daily lenses. My optometrist thinks that they will be better for my eyes since my eyes tend to be drier. She said that dry eyes don’t cleanse the eye as well, which could explain why after only 3 hours of wearing my contacts I already had build up on them. At first I thought that the daily lenses would cost a lot more, but the optometrist pointed out that even though they cost more per day, I won’t have to buy any more cleaning solution. I’ve always used Clear Care since my eyes are sensitive and it is kind of pricey. So, if I wear my glasses some days the price will actually be near the same.

I know this post is a little all over the place, but that is what you get with a tired writer!

Do you have dry eyes too?

contact lens case

I won't have to use these anymore!*

*Image Credit: from www.flickr.com by Lee J Haywood

Comments

Comment from Shannon
Time September 15, 2011 at 8:40 am

I had to give up on my contacts over 10 years ago. now I know why I always had such a hard time with them. I had the regular kind, not multi day wear kind. What I wouldn’t give to be able to afford laser eye treatment lol. Maybe when I win the lottery (must concentrate harder on winning) lol
Shannon recently posted: Pain migrations

I’m too much of a scaredy cat to get laser eye surgery – at least at this point. Good luck on your lotto winning concentrating! =)

Comment from Michelle jadaa
Time September 15, 2011 at 2:17 pm

We used to get daily disposables for our son from http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/
Very cheap,excellent quality and very fast shipping!
As soon as he turned 18 we paid for laser surgery for him though and his vision is great now.

Comment from GinaRClark
Time September 16, 2011 at 7:19 am

Wishing you a happily relaxing pajama day with a warm fuzzy blanket and a great book. ;-)

Comment from Miki
Time September 18, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I have dry eyes, too. With such poor vision, I have been wearing contacts since I was 15. Last November it seems my inflammation moved almost overnight into my eyes and gave me chronic dry eyes and have had to wear glasses and stay away from dry air/wind, run humidifiers, use a lot of preservative free drops, wear moisture goggles at night,etc. Have a great eye doctor and he is working with me and has a great understanding of autoimmune diseases and Fibro. Recently we started a new night ointment that may help me get back into lenses a few days a week or for special times, etc. But I never thought about trying the kind you have, so I am going to ask him on my next appointment, thanks! He said people with Fibro should avoid lasik surgery =( since we could have one of those chronic dry eye reactions that never really goes away. So thought I would mention it. I take certain pure vitamins to help this, too. Hope your new lense work out and you get a little rest!
Miki recently posted: A HEARTFELT ACCOUNT: LIVING WITH LUPUS

Comment from Selena
Time September 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Oooh, what kind of flower plants did you get? I was anticipating a pumpkin from my garden, but my gardener knocked it off the vine before it was ready. So bummed! :-(
Selena recently posted: Mission 2011: Friendship Fresh Start

1 Lily of the Valley and 1 Indian Blanket. Oh, your pumpkin sounds really exciting! I hope your gardener brings you a pumpkin to make up for it.