Easy Meals – Honey Baked Chicken
This recipe is one of the Easy Meals that I can keep all ingredients on hand for. I do this by using frozen chicken tenderloins instead of fresh chicken. I also like that the tenderloins are smaller cuts than breast halves, so there is more opportunity for the flavor to soak in. If you like to have more sauce, doubling the sauce ingredients works well. Having extra sauce works well if you want to marinade the chicken in the sauce before cooking them. I usually try to marinade the chicken 2-5 hours before cooking. Everything about this recipe is pretty easy because you just mix it, add it, leave it, stick it in the oven and leave it again! It requires little time in the kitchen. Enjoy!
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves or equivalent amount of Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- If you are using frozen chicken, make sure it is thawed out before the next step
- Preheat over to 350° F (325° F if using a glass dish)
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients, besides the chicken, together until the honey has started to thin out.
- Place chicken into cooking dish and pour remaining ingredient mixture over the top.
- Cook for ~40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 180° F
I served this with Kokuho Rose brown rice that was cooked in our rice cooker on the gaba brown rice setting. If you want to add a little more flavor, poor some of the sauce over the rice as well. Of course, I also added my go-to item: a bag of frozen vegetables. The Helpful Hubby prefers dark meat, so I usually omit a few chicken breast tenders and add in a few thighs for him. To make clean up easier, I cook the chicken in one of my Pyrex® Baking Dishes so I can throw the dish in the dishwasher.
What are some of your favorite, easy meals?
You might also be interested in some of these other, Easy Meals!